User Operations Specialist Needed at Paystack
- Understand the product and payment needs of the merchants in South Africa and share these ideas with the internal teams at Paystack
- Work with our Key Account Managers to support our fastest-growing merchants
- Proactively identify ways we can improve the sign-up and account activation process for businesses
- Work with assigned Product Teams to deeply understand and improve some aspects of Paystack’s suite of products
- Ensure that self-serve Help Desk knowledge base reflects the tone that the South African market understands and update them as needed so that merchants can get answers quickly
- Work with the Expansion team to continuously expand our product offering so we can deliver value to businesses in South Africa
- Stay on top of all the trends, feedback, and complaints from merchants we serve and share insights with internal teams on how to support merchants better with Paystack’s product.
- Escalate transaction issues to and liaise with external partners such as banks for resolution
- Represent Paystack at self-hosted and external events
You’ll thrive as a User Operations Specialist if you
- Are an excellent writer and speaker of English, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Enjoy digging deep into data, analyzing user feedback and using these insights to drive improvements
- Appreciate the importance of following up: either with members of the Paystack team on behalf of customers, or following up with customers to assure them that their issue is being worked on
- Are able to take complex problems and simplify them into simple processes that others can follow to find a solution
- Are interested in learning all you can about how to provide world-class customer support
- Love to do the work to solve complex issues when the answers are not readily available
- Are proactive, able to take initiative and seek solutions to recurring issues rather than managing the status quo
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application and fill in the form.
- Upload your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.
- After you submit this application form, you’ll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test. Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. This test is critical to your application and will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
Application deadline is 11:59 pm SAST (GMT +2)
Questions? Please contact Philo at email@example.com.